Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful for my Amazing Mother...I miss her so much!

My mother in High school
My parents a very long time ago

My family with President Kimball in 1981, I am on my fathers lap.


My beautiful mother



I am thankful that the Lord gave me the opportunity to be born to goodly parents.
My mother was the most amazing person I have ever known. I try my best to be more like her. She was a very selfless person who loved everyone! She was the most Christ like person. She always found the good in all people even if she had a hard time getting along with some one, she would find a way to see the good in them. She NEVER judged anybody (even to a fault)!

She loved to be creative, like sewing, crafts, decorating etc. I think that's why my sisters and I love creating things too. It seems like we are keeping her spirit alive when we are creative and crafty!

Christmas was her absolute favorite Holiday!

This is a wonderful time of year for me and also my family because we can bring in all the traditions that she loved! They remind us of her. It is very bitter sweet because I miss her so much, everything about the holidays reminds me of her!! The music,decorations, baking, Christmas crafts and the Giving! She loved to give!! She got that from her mother, my Grandma Giles loves to give gifts! It's going on the 11Th Christmas without her. It is hard but I enjoy feeling her spirit in Everything Christmas!

It hurts a little that my younger siblings don't really remember her because I just want to shout out from the roof tops how amazing she was and I hope my Siblings, Aunts, Grandma, dad and I can always keep her memories alive!!

We need to really appreciate everyone in our lives because we never know when it will be their time to leave us in this life.


I love you Mom and I miss you very much, I know you are in a better place and not suffering anymore. I also know you are smiling down on us!

3 comments:

Jen said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! That last picture wow you all look so much like your mother!!!! And Ang, I know you and your older sisters are all doing an amazing job at keeping her spirit alive for your younger siblings. You all amaze me!

Anonymous said...

I love her she's an amazing person!
I love that all of our sister's have a little bit of her in all.

HOLLY said...

I miss her too. You and all of your sisters are so strong. I love seeing you all bond together and do things that she loved. She was truly an amazing and selfless person. I think of her at Christmas often, especially when I think of the time when her and your Dad borrowed my parents money for our Christmas. I didn't know back then...but am so thankful for that now. Love you! Happy Thanksgiving!