Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween party at the Hasna home









Every year around Halloween my nephew Taylor has his Halloween themed Birthday party. My sisters and I love to sew period costumes so a few years ago we started a Halloween tradition. We all get together a few months before Halloween and decide what theme or time period we want to sew and dress up for the birthday party. Most of us put it off till the last minute then sew like crazy to get ours done. This year was no exception, I was very busy during the month of October so I finally started 3 days before the party trying to get the costumes finished. I made the black and purple saloon girl costume and the purple dress I was wearing. Our theme this year was "The Victorian period" I sewed an early victorian bustle style dress and my sisters made late victorian dresses (Anne of Green Gables era). I love this tradition. Our mother was a very talented seamstress so we all feel like we are keeping her memory alive when we sew. It brings us closer together as sisters also. It is a tradition I hope never ends.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Angela you AMAZE me once again! The costumes are incredible!!!!!!

Judi said...

You all look so amazing!

Jenn said...

You so look like th Madam and the girls look like "your girls" if you know what I mean. great job but then I have alreay told you that how many times now

chandra said...

Angela, where does your talents end? You are so amazing. Your dresses are so pretty. That is such a fun tradition you have with your sisters.

michele said...

I love your pictures on your blog. How fun!! You are very talented!! I saw Jessica's blog and love the pictures you took of her family.