Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Angela's costume craze...it's an addiction!

As most everyone who knows me, knows I love to sew costumes. Me and my sisters love to sew together. My sisters and I want to have a huge costume closet!
My mother was an excellent seamstress. She passed away 11 years ago. She would make us the best costumes for Halloween every year. Our costumes blew everyone Else's costumes away. None of us girls had any interest in sewing when we were younger. Just over three years ago my sister Amy had the desire to start sewing, she made a few really cool Lord of the rings costumes. Well That sparked my interest in sewing so I decided to give it a try...The first project I did were my girls Renaissance dresses. They are the white medieval style dresses at the top of the photos. I have been hooked ever since. There is nothing like the feeling of accomplishment after you finish a great costume or gown.
I love to think to myself "I created that!." It is very therapeutic for me because I lack patience and sewing helps me with that!

I just wanted to post some photos of the costumes I have sewn. I know I am not being modest, but sewing seems to be a lost art now a days and I am proud to be able to do it. My sisters have done some amazing costumes as well I will post some pictures of theirs at another time.
As you can tell I love Disney costumes!




These are the white dresses I made for Savannah and JayLynn. This was not an easy first sewing project I guess I got over any intimidation with sewing!

My sister Beth looked so good as Cinderella! I am happy with the way it turned out!






















This past February I made costumes for JayLynn's 5th birthday party which was a "Princess and Pirate theme". I made a Custom Jack Sparrow Costume for Leandro and he looked so good in it. I wanted a pirate costume for myself so i made me one. I also made a Custom Cinderella gown for JayLynn and custom Aurora gown for Savannah. The girls wore their custom princess gowns to Disneyland and everyone was in awe at how beautiful their dresses were.

I also made custom Princess dressess for Savannah and JayLynn to wear at Disneyworld in 2007. I made a Blue Sleeping beauty dress for JayLynn and a Belle dress for Savannah. They loved them so much that I decided to make more this year! They will only be little girls once right!

I wanted to sew the adult size Disney Princess gowns. I have been looking for Adult Disney Princess patterns for a while and I couldn't find anything so I took a southern Belle pattern and altered it to make it look like Cinderella's ball gown. I changed the sleeves and added the side puffs. It turned out so nice. I also made a custom Fairy Godmother costume. I am so excited to do the other princesses now! My sister Beth wore the Cinderella gown to my friend's daughter's 4th birthday party. Beth looked amazing! she looked just like Cinderella! The Fairy God mother dress turned out nice also. Laken (the birthday girl) wore JayLynn's Custom Cinderella gown for the party and JayLynn wore the Belle dress I made for Savannah the year before.

Anyways this post turned out allot longer than I anticipated...sorry..... Hope you like the pictures.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Girl I have said it a million times you amaze me with how talented you are!!!! So glad we became friends hopefully someday your talent can rub off? Thank you so much for the amazing Birthday Party for Laken!!!! She is still hyped up about it and I'm sure at school telling anybody who will listen all about Cinderella!!!! THANK YOU!!!

the Braby family said...

Wow, those are some amazing costumes. Is there anything you can't do? :)

Jenn said...

You are amazing. Glad you were there for Laken's party and glad you and Jen have become such good friends

Paul and Sarah said...

WOW!!! Your costumes are unbelievable!! I have been searching the web for a cute adult princess costume so I can dress-up for my daughter's birthday but have yet to find something that looks like the real Princess outfits. Would you consider making and selling an adult princess costume for another mom out there?? Love your stuff!

heather said...

First off, I have been on a search for the most unique cinderella costume for my daughter, ever since she has told me she doesnt want to be the witch costume i love and already bought her ! Do you make them for people? Or would you consider sharing your pattern at a cost ? My mother makes wonderful costumes as well & could get her on board with this idea !
Thanks SO much as im desperate !
-Heather

heather said...

I cannot believe the cinderella dress - amazing ! I have been searching for a unique homeade look to a cinderella dress ever since my daughter said shes not wearing the awesome witch costume i already have for her ! oh well. Do you make and sell these dresses to a desperate mom, or would you be willing to share the pattern at a cost ? My mom makes costumes as well. Thanks a billion ! :)